SCIENCES PO PREPARES FOR AN UNPRECEDENTED AND INNOVATIVE START TO THE ACADEMIC YEAR
Paris, May 2020 12th - In response to the uncertainty facing universities worldwide with regards to the start of the next academic year, Sciences Po is mobilizing to guarantee all its students as complete and demanding an education as ever. Sciences Po remains faithful to the university’s vocation of training free, critical and socially engaged minds, intellectually informed through research and interaction with professionals at the heart of its teaching. It is this wholesome and well-balanced education that will give them the means to act in a world more uncertain now than ever.
A new and innovative system will allow us to open the entirety of the university’s courses to all 14,000 students enrolled in them - the first day of term will take place this year on the 14 September.
In compliance with all new health regulations, Sciences Po will continue to promote the excellence of its courses and will base its new start to the academic year on three central principles:
- Equality of access for all students to their courses, regardless of their location
- Hybridity of course content, which will combine remote learning and on-campus teaching
- Adaptability, so that all courses can be adapted in real time according to the development of the health situation
Throughout the Autumn Semester 2020, all Sciences Po students will have access to a dual campus:
- A digital campus, providing all course content in a variety of formats, adapted to each class. Any students will be able to complete their entire course remotely.
- A physical campus, in the seven cities where Sciences Po is lucky enough to be based, will be open and will focus on student activities in small groups: course sessions, tutorials, group projects, small group work, supervised community activities, etc. This physical campus will, of course, remain connected to the rest of the community in order to guarantee the participation of students unable to reach our premises.
The system will build on experience gathered since the end of February, with measures adopted across the board since the 23 March, during which time all Sciences Po courses have been conducted remotely.
The teams of the Undergraduate College and of each of the Graduate Schools will specify mid-June to each and every one the pre-back to school terms, as well as the class schedules and educational modules which will be offered at the start of the school year.
About Sciences Po
Founded in 1872, Sciences Po is France’s leading research university in the social sciences. Sciences Po offers degress at the undergraduate, graduate and executive education levels, and developed 42 dual degree programmes with its network of 478 partner universities.
Today, half of Sciences Po’s 14,000 students are international and represent 150 nationalities. Education at Sciences Po is multidisciplinary, multilingual and outward looking. It also places great emphasis on professional exposure. Following completion of their degree, 80% of the graduates are hired within six months of graduation and 39% start their career abroad. Sciences Po holds a high standard of social responsability, and plays a pioneering role in the promotion of diversity and equal opportunity in higher education. Sciences Po has an erray of financial aid for students of all origins and 27% of the students body hold a scholarship. For more information on Sciences Po :http://www.sciencespo.fr/
Claire Flin - +33 6 95 41 95 90 - email@example.com